Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

[Law Proposition] for loosening the current stalemate situation

This text is a draft. The author is not the current LL government.
This text can certainly be improved by many aspects. All comments welcome.

I have an ongoing PM discussion with Michal Ptacnik on this topic, I will propose him this draft today.

====================================================

Liberland government decisions

Many Liberlanders (including members of the Liberland government and civil servants) have been regularly traveling across Liberland territory for years and taking photos and videos, which are broadcast on our internal communications channels. The government of Liberland thus has a good understanding of the territory of Liberland, as well as the infrastructure present there.

The government of Liberland has taken the following decision:
The Liberland government is committed to respecting existing infrastructure in place that does not pose a danger to walkers, and to consulting relevant Croatian organizations regarding infrastructure in poor condition.

The government of Liberland issues this decree/decision:
- with a view to clarifying our relations with our Croatian neighbor and the Croatian administrations currently intervening in Liberland.
- to facilitate relations on the ground between Liberland citizens and civil servants currently present in the territory and Croatian personnel also present in the territory.

The decision of the Liberland government is unilateral, but we obviously hope that the Croatian government will also show goodwill regarding the infrastructure that Liberland citizens and the Liberland state are building there. On this last point, the Liberland government undertakes to inform the Croatian government and the administrations concerned about the work undertaken by Liberland. The Croatian government will thus have the opportunity to make any comments it deems necessary regarding this work.

With the same concern for facilitating our relations, the government of Liberland would be honored to offer a plot of land of 5000m2 to the Croatian state for the use it would like to make of it. The government of Liberland intends to show by this gesture that it in no way fears a Croatian presence in Liberland, but that, on the contrary, it welcomes it. The only wish of the government of Liberland is that the Croatian presence in Liberland reflects the presence of the Liberlanders, that is to say an entirely peaceful and respectful presence.

The government of Liberland

Hmm.
I'm not at all a fan of this proposal, but that's not to say I'm against it.
But if we do offer it the acceptance by Croatia should be restricted to a window of time. Not ongoing.
As time goes by there will likely be a series of offers to Croatia, many of which will get ignored and most which will get rejected.

imo, LL decisions concerning Croatia, like what I suggest, should be published publicly.
If Croatia reacts or answer that's nice.
If Croatia doesn't react, then at least we have one more proof of goodwill from our size.
That's why LL should do such things several times per year imo.
When the time will come and LL will stand without any proof of goodwill, we'll look like complete idiots.

Forum membership